Adjuvant Research That Proves Itself in the Tank
Researchers at the WinField United Innovation Center use state-of-the-art technology to evaluate the entire crop protection product application process, resulting in the creation of leading-edge adjuvants, herbicides, insecticides and fungicides to help you be successful in the field.
During the growing season, we run field trials to see exactly how our adjuvants perform with a variety of crop protection products. Year-round, our staff runs many compounds through our Spray Analysis System to observe how different combinations of adjuvants and active ingredients affect spray quality. Spray chambers at the Innovation Center allow products to be tested much like they would be in the field, with the same size nozzles and nozzle orientation as a full-size sprayer.
Laboratory testing, as well as research conducted under regulated growing conditions in greenhouses and growth chambers, lets us test products without the unpredictability of the external environment. This leads to greater efficiency, consistency and precision. Determining product specifics such as shelf life and mixing capabilities helps WinField United bring a more complete product to market.
The numbers tell the story
Research indicates that WinField United adjuvants help increase the efficacy of crop protection products, giving you the opportunity to increase yield and ROI potential. Here are just a few data points.
- MasterLock® adjuvant helps improve fungicide response on corn, increasing yields by an average of 5.7 bushels per acre.1
- Class Act® NG® adjuvant doubles the amount of glyphosate uptake over ammonium sulfate (AMS).2
- StrikeLock® adjuvant is as good as or better than other high-surfactant oils in weed control, outperforming them approximately 14 percent of the time.3
In addition, InterLock® adjuvant delivers more droplets in the ideal droplet diameter spectrum, increases droplet speed without thickening the spray and helps get more active ingredient deeper into the plant canopy.
The way I think about applying a crop protection product is, If I don’t do this right, I’m in a respray situation. And nobody makes money in a respray situation. You’ve got to start with the correct amount of active ingredient per acre, then use a quality adjuvant to get as much of that active ingredient as possible to the target.
Talk with your local trusted advisor about how adding a quality adjuvant to the tank can help you get more out of your crop protection products.
1. WinField United. Fourteen studies, eight states, all fungicides, 2012–2017.
2. Westra P. Colorado State University.
3. WinField United trials (Answer Plot® and product development sites), 2014–2016.
Because of factors outside of WinField United's control, such as weather, applicator factors, etc., results to be obtained, including but not limited to yields, financial performance, or profits, cannot be predicted or guaranteed by WinField United. Actual results may vary.
Subscribe to the Advisor Newsletter
Sign up for monthly agronomic insights and product information.
Get the latest insights and tips from – directly to your inbox. Subscribe to the Advisor e-newsletter.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest news, information and agronomic tips in the industry, national and local.
- Interviews with the some of the most talented agronomists in the country.
- Proprietary research updates from our WU labs.
- Delivered to your inbox 2x a month.