SC Logo Helps Identify Top Straight-Cut Canola Hybrids
- CROPLAN CP9978TF TruFlex™ spring canola with Roundup Ready® technology
- CROPLAN CP7144LL LibertyLink® spring canola
- CROPLAN CP7130LL LibertyLink® spring canola
Shatter Is Only One ComponentWinField United and partnering breeders have developed germplasm that contain multiple agronomic characteristics that improve your ability to get the plants, their pods and seeds into the combine at harvest, including:
- Strong seams that help keep pods from opening, reducing seed loss.
- Strong pod hold that helps prevent pods from falling off the plant.
- Sturdy plants that provide improved standability and reduced lodging.
Data Rank SC Croplan Hybrids Among The Best In Reduced ShatterCROPLAN CP9978TF, CP7144LL and CP7130LL SC hybrids consistently exhibit strong scores for enhanced seed and pod retention, and reduced lodging in breeding studies, Answer Plot® trials and university research, making them excellent selections for your straight-cut harvest operation. Some of this supporting data is illustrated in this chart, which shares results from the 2020 Velva, ND Answer Plot location* harvested after a strong storm of 60 mph winds. In this study, CP9978TF received the best reduced shatter score of all hybrids planted in the trial, including two competing hybrids that have industry standard shatter reduction technology.
If you’d like to plant a top-performing reduced shatter canola next spring, look no further than the SC line of CROPLAN spring canola. Talk with your local WinField United retailer to learn more and order early to ensure supplies are available.
* CP9978TF and CP7130LL had strong reduced shatter scores at the 2020 Velva, ND Answer Plot location. CP7144LL wasn’t planted in this trial but breeding trial data scores it one step up from CP7130LL.
All photos are either the property of WinField United or used with permission.
© 2021 WinField United. Important: Before use always read and follow label instructions. Crop performance is dependent on several factors many of which are beyond the control of WinField United, including without limitation, soil type, pest pressures, agronomic practices and weather conditions. Growers are encouraged to consider data from multiple locations, over multiple years and to be mindful of how such agronomic conditions could impact results. CROPLAN®, Answer Plot® and WinField® are trademarks of WinField United. Liberty®, LibertyLink®, the Water Droplet Design® and TruFlex™ are trademarks of Bayer. Roundup Ready® is a trademark of Monsanto.
Subscribe to the Advisor Newsletter
Sign up for monthly agronomic insights and product information.
Get the latest insights and tips from – directly to your inbox. Subscribe to the Advisor e-newsletter.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest news, information and agronomic tips in the industry, national and local.
- Interviews with the some of the most talented agronomists in the country.
- Proprietary research updates from our WU labs.
- Delivered to your inbox 2x a month.