SOILMAP Sync Review
I found that this tool had enough flexibility to work in multiple scenarios and made it possible to customize a scouting scenario and report.
- Multiple management options. The background map choices include road, hybrid or satellite maps. After selecting a farmer, the user may access farm and field information. Within the fields section, the user can choose either field surfaces to obtain available soil test information or scouting to prepare a scouting report.
- Varied crop choices. The field surfaces option includes recommendation maps for alfalfa, corn and soybeans, as well as nutrient maps.
- Scouting report flexibility. The scouting functionality allows the user to select and add notes about specific diseases, disorders, insects and weeds, as well as insert pictures from the camera or from stored images on the iPad.
- Streamlined reporting. The scouting report can be synchronized with the SOILMAP platform so it is stored in the hierarchy of information there; the report may also be emailed to others. Because this app connects directly to the SOILMAP system, it uses the same naming convention as on the desktop.
The Bottom Line
The SOILMAP Sync app is a very useful tool, allowing on-the-go access to field information. It also provides a convenient scouting program that attaches the report directly back to the SOILMAP system. I would encourage anyone using the SOILMAP agronomy package to consider using SOILMAP Sync in addition to their software package.
Subscribe to the Advisor Newsletter
Sign up for monthly agronomic insights and product information.
Get the latest insights and tips from – directly to your inbox. Subscribe to the Advisor e-newsletter.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest news, information and agronomic tips in the industry, national and local.
- Interviews with the some of the most talented agronomists in the country.
- Proprietary research updates from our WU labs.
- Delivered to your inbox 2x a month.