Getting Ahead of Resistant Weeds
- Develop a written weed management plan. If you haven’t already, sit down with your agronomist and evaluate what worked and what didn’t work in 2016. Consider whether or not the timing of applications and the products used were effective for the types of weeds you faced. From there, put together a holistic crop protection strategy that includes timely pre- and postemergent herbicide applications and multiple modes of action.
- Consider how you can optimize applications. Adding the right adjuvants to the tank mix is key to maximizing the effectiveness of herbicide applications and reducing drift. Many herbicides farmers are using to manage resistant weeds rely on getting maximum coverage on the weed surface, so be sure to read herbicide labels closely and work with your agronomist to choose the appropriate adjuvant.
- Attend a WinField® United spray clinic. WinField United hosts spray clinics with local retailers throughout the winter months to discuss weed management strategies and provide demonstrations of new spray technologies that might work well in your 2017 plan. These events can also help ensure you’re getting the most out of spray nozzles and using the appropriate products for your situation.
Subscribe to the Advisor Newsletter
Sign up for monthly agronomic insights and product information.
Get the latest insights and tips from – directly to your inbox. Subscribe to the Advisor e-newsletter.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest news, information and agronomic tips in the industry, national and local.
- Interviews with the some of the most talented agronomists in the country.
- Proprietary research updates from our WU labs.
- Delivered to your inbox 2x a month.