Climate FieldView Pro™
A few key benefits stand out. FieldView Pro™:
- Provides a central place to look at everything in a field at a glance. While scouting, photos can be tagged to specific locations within the app, so everyone can access the same photos, regardless of who did the scouting.
- Helps prioritize where to begin applications and management. If a farmer’s fields are spread out, information about rainfall and nitrogen combine with the forecast help determine which field to attend to first.
- Works well with other tools. For example, once I’ve used the FieldView Pro Nitrogen Advisor, the R7® Tool Corn Characterizations Charts and Top 10 function give me the response to nitrogen (RTN) for the hybrids planted in a specific field to determine the benefit of a nitrogen application. Then, I use the R7® Tool to create variable-rate prescriptions for these applications.
- Brings precision planting information directly into the tool as a result of the agreement between The Climate Corporation and John Deere. (Note: available if you have Precision Planting’s FieldView Drive or 2020 Monitor and soon the John Deere wireless data transfer setup.)
The Bottom Line
Climate FieldView Pro™ by WinField brings weather, in-season imagery and nutrient tracking into a comprehensive, accessible tool to help farmers make in-field and sub-field decisions based on weather, nitrogen and scouting. It’s easy to navigate, and growers have direct access, making it a valuable tool for their suite.
I’ve used Climate FieldView Pro™ for nearly three seasons, with my farmer customers and on my own farm. While the tool’s weather capabilities are used most often, I’ve had great success working with farmers who combine all three components of the tool.
Subscribe to the Advisor Newsletter
Sign up for monthly agronomic insights and product information.
Get the latest insights and tips from – directly to your inbox. Subscribe to the Advisor e-newsletter.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest news, information and agronomic tips in the industry, national and local.
- Interviews with the some of the most talented agronomists in the country.
- Proprietary research updates from our WU labs.
- Delivered to your inbox 2x a month.