The WinField TurfTech Tool Makes a Splash in San Diego
Thank you to everyone who came to see us at the 2016 Golf Industry Show! We appreciated seeing so many familiar and new faces. A special thanks to the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) and the San Diego Convention Center for pulling together such a fantastic networking event.
We had a very successful show! We enjoyed meeting with our customers face-to-face, to see what you are looking forward to this season. You kept us busy this year in the booth with an amazing turn out. Please keep in touch with us, and let us know how we can better serve you over the coming months.
Not only is San Diego beautiful, it’s also the perfect setting to demonstrate our patented WinField® TurfTech Tool. Trade Show participants took the TurfTech Challenge by providing demographic information to determine which seed varieties best matched their golf course. A Bose Speaker was given to anyone who guessed their top three varieties.
Spring planning thoughts, from Bruce Jump, WinField® Turfseed Business Manager:
- When it comes to seed varieties, not every variety is created equal. Genetics play a big role in how the performance of seed impacts your golf course.
- By creating a database based on National Turfgrass Evaluation Program (NTEP) records, can now analyze all your options in one convenient place. Our goal is to show you how we can tailor your seed needs to your specific course, by comparing varieties based on over 200 turf attributes.
- Those who took the TurfTech Challenge expressed the most interest in putting greens and both spring green-up and genetic color.
- Our TurfTech Challenge showed Superintendents across the country that each seed variety is unique. While some bentgrasses have high dollar spot resistance, others may not. You can choose a bermudagrass that greens up early in the spring, but that is not true for every bermudagrass variety. Choosing the wrong seed can be a costly experiment, resulting in increased fungicide, nutrient and maintenance costs. The TurfTech Tool, linked to the NTEP database, provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use comparison.
Contact your WinField® Expert as you get ready for the upcoming season. Make the WinField® TurfTech Tool part of your spring preparations.
Spring is upon us and with that comes necessary planning for the most effective, easily-mixed line up in your spray tank.
Subscribe to the Advisor Newsletter
Sign up for monthly agronomic insights and product information.
Get the latest insights and tips from – directly to your inbox. Subscribe to the Advisor e-newsletter.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest news, information and agronomic tips in the industry, national and local.
- Interviews with the some of the most talented agronomists in the country.
- Proprietary research updates from our WU labs.
- Delivered to your inbox 2x a month.