Spark Winter Wheat Growth Before Planting
Applying Warden® Cereals II seed treatment plus Ascend® plant growth regulator (PGR) adds a layer of protection, providing better germination, quicker emergence, and larger above- and below-ground growth than untreated seed.
Winter wheat has the ability to tiller, and those tillers will put on heads. Too often those heads are smaller than the ones on the main stem. Applying a quality seed treatment can help you achieve more main stems and heads at the end.
Warden® Cereals II seed treatment is the second generation of the WinField® Warden® Cereals brand. It includes a new fungicide package of three fungicides with different modes of action for broader-spectrum disease control, delivered in a formulation that’s easy to use and handle.
- Mefenoxam, the same active ingredient in Apron XL®, protects young cereals from Pythium Damping-Off and other seedling blights and root rots caused by Pythium spp. early in the year.
- Sedaxane, a succinate dehydrogenase inhibitor (SDHI), fungicide, is specially formulated for seed treatments and provides excellent protection against Rhizoctonia.
- Difenoconazole, which is a proven fungicide for control against dwarf and other bunts, along with smuts, including loose, covered and flag.
Ascend® plant growth regulator contains the optimal combination of three EPA-registered PGRs — cytokinin, gibberellic acid and indolebutyric acid — to encourage vigorous early plant germination and emergence, a robust root system, larger leaves and wider stems.
To learn more about pairing Warden® Cereals II with Ascend® plant growth regulator as a treatment for your winter wheat seed, talk with your local WinField agronomist or visit winfield.com.
Subscribe to the Advisor Newsletter
Sign up for monthly agronomic insights and product information.
Get the latest insights and tips from – directly to your inbox. Subscribe to the Advisor e-newsletter.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest news, information and agronomic tips in the industry, national and local.
- Interviews with the some of the most talented agronomists in the country.
- Proprietary research updates from our WU labs.
- Delivered to your inbox 2x a month.