Ready to Rumble: Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™ Soybeans
What does this news mean for you?
- You can plant products with new trait technology that can provide vast weed management options and the latest generation of soybean genetics, once the EPA allows application of dicamba over the top.* CROPLAN® seed has 24 Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™ soybean products ready for planting this spring, with maturities ranging from 0.7 to 5.3.
- You will have the opportunity to see how Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™ soybean products respond to various management techniques, including crop protection programs and nutrient management. Data gathered from 120 Answer Plot® Program test plots across 16 states this year will help farmers determine which technique will work best for the Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™ soybean products.
Receiving commercial import approval from China for soybeans resulting from Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™ soybean seed was the step Monsanto needed to advance this decade-long project. It’s exciting that farmers can finally use this industry-leading germplasm for the 2016 growing season.
The EPA’s review of related herbicides will continue, but it will ultimately allow you to enjoy a great sustainability benefit. At Answer Plot® Program sites, WinField agronomists will explain the proper stewardship and weed management methods necessary with Roundup Ready 2 Xtend™ soybeans.
Contact your local WinField retailer to learn more about what this technology could mean for your operation.
Subscribe to the Advisor Newsletter
Sign up for monthly agronomic insights and product information.
Get the latest insights and tips from – directly to your inbox. Subscribe to the Advisor e-newsletter.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest news, information and agronomic tips in the industry, national and local.
- Interviews with the some of the most talented agronomists in the country.
- Proprietary research updates from our WU labs.
- Delivered to your inbox 2x a month.