Gear up now for 2016 crops
On Nov. 1, we switched gears to start planning for the 2016 crop year. Users may see a few changes in the R7® Tool when looking at fields that were previously mapped.
Here’s what to expect now in the R7® Tool:
- All fields are transferred to the 2016 season and enrollments are set to a “non-enrolled” status.
- Purchased in-season imagery (ISI) from the 2015 season will be transferred to the 2016 season and available in the Archive Maps section as NDVIs.
- Previously created prescriptions (like the on pictured above) and profitability maps can be viewed by switching back to the 2015 season.
- All existing yield maps will be transferred to the 2016 season and available in the yield maps section.
- 2015 Answer Plot® data will be available in the R7® Tool once harvested and integrated into the tool. 2014 Answer Plot® data can be viewed by selecting the 2014/2015 season in the Top 10 window.
It’s also time to upload yield data into the R7® Tool. The process is quick, easy and user-friendly. Once yield data is uploaded, use the profitability map and yield-analyzing tools to show how managing the variability in fields can help increase a farmer’s profit.
If you have questions regarding the seasonal change in the R7® Tool, please contact your ag technology specialist.
Planning is underway for 2016, and now is the time to tap into the latest technology to jumpstart the process.
Subscribe to the Advisor Newsletter
Sign up for monthly agronomic insights and product information.
Get the latest insights and tips from – directly to your inbox. Subscribe to the Advisor e-newsletter.
- Keeping you up to date on the latest news, information and agronomic tips in the industry, national and local.
- Interviews with the some of the most talented agronomists in the country.
- Proprietary research updates from our WU labs.
- Delivered to your inbox 2x a month.